Why you should book & travel with Derek & Clare Day Tours.
What we do is totally unique –
We can look after you from the moment you arrive in Ireland
until the moment you leave!
Now, who else can do all that for you?
- We’re a small family business catering for small groups of between 1- 8 people.
- Value for money – Derek is the Owner, Driver and Guide – You deal directly with him – He’s also your Planner, Organiser, Photographer and everything else in between.!!!
- Design your own itinerary with Derek’s help and stay away from Big Tour Coaches and crowds. Your Tour will be exactly that – Your Tour!
- Enjoy your Tour at your pace and see the places you really want to. Derek will help you plan for each day’s adventure and his flexibility allows you to make changes as you go.
- Spend as much or as little time at any attraction.
- Relax & get all the photos you really want. Even stop along the road for a quick snapshot!
- Get to see the Hidden Gems that the Tour Coaches cannot access. This makes your trip even more special. We love taking you to places you would never have found on your own.
- Ask Derek all the questions you want…if he knows the answer, he’ll tell you immediately…. If he doesn’t, he’ll find out for you!
- Meet the local people – Enjoy spending time in the local pubs, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Enjoy top class Accommodation with Teresa in our 4 Star Clareville House B & B – Her Full Irish Breakfast gets rave reviews.
- If “Tracing Your Roots” in East Clare, Teresa will give you all the help possible.
- We take group photos daily and, if agreed, we post them to our Clare Day Tours Facebook Page, where you can access them.
- We are fully Licenced by the National Transport Authority to provide a group passenger transport service for up to 8 people and are fully insured in connection with same.
Previous clients & their testimonials
Corinne Thomas Lindfors & Renee Cavyell Cherneski, Alaska, USA
“Derek was incredibly attentive, prompt, knowledgeable and charming. He took wonderful care of us and set us up with very personal and breathtaking experiences. We enjoyed his expertise for three days in Ireland. I would highly recommend Derek and Clare Day Tours! Can’t wait to come back”!
Mary Jo McInerny, South Carolina, USA
“Awesome Tours. Very authentic. Clareville House and Clare Day Tours is an essential to travels in Ireland. The warmth and care that both Teresa and Derek take to their B & B and Tour Company is brilliant. If you don’t stay at Clareville House and tour with Clare Day Tours, then you are truly missing out”!
Kathy Madden-Hedrick & Family, Ohio, USA
“Derek’s wonderful Day Tours, Teresa’s lovely rooms & wonderful breakfasts! We highly recommend it and they are some of the nicest folks that we have ever met!
Derek brought us on a Day Trip to the Cliffs of Moher & the Burren area and he gave us a Guided Tour of St Cronan’s 10thC Church in Tuamgraney and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Thank you Derek.
We hope to come back and Stay & Tour again!”
Cynthia Owens, Romantic Novelist, Montreal, Canada
“A wonderful stay with great people. Clareville House was warm and charming and Teresa was a wonderful hostess and produced great food. Derek, was the personification of Irish hospitality, always good-natured, always willing to answer any of the questions with which I constantly plagued him. (Thanks, Derek!)”!
Dan Gmyrek, Virginia, USA
“Thank you Derek for a wonderful tour to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren today. I’ll be back!”
Stephanie Fournier & Cynthia Cirilli-Deidun, Toronto, Canada
“You were unforgettable. We had a blast touring in Ireland with you. Memories to last a lifetime. Thank you so much for looking after us so well.”
Dilyse Diaz & Sherri Smith, Arizona, USA
“Thanks Derek aka ‘Charlie’! – We couldn’t have asked for a better tour guide”! 💖
Carolyn Larsen, Minnesota, USA
“Thank you so much for taking such good care of us. One Stop Shop for all of your vacation needs”!
Thomas J. & Suzanne Cosgrove, Illinois, USA
“Derek James Browne, sacred raconteur, tour guide and friend for life. Through Derek I was able to glimpse the true soul of the Irish — to wit, a well-crafted, almost-believable yarn is the highest form of art.!! We are so grateful to Derek & Teresa and the thoughtfulness you showed Tom. We are sad to leave and will recommend you to friends & family”!
Lisa & Tim Chamberlain, Minnesota, USA
“Derek, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking me, Tim, Alex, Sandy and Ceil Ann on your Tours around Clare. We had such a wonderful time and you made us feel so welcome. We will be back”!
Renee F. & Damian Taylor-Santagata, Arizona, USA
“Teresa was extremely helpful with suggestions and Derek brought us on a Day Tour to the Cliffs of Moher and we enjoyed it so much. We are looking forward to returning soon”!
Bruce & Kristy Ford, Washington, USA
“Hard to find words to give Derek & Teresa credit – Marvellous”!
Keith Geoghegan/Glengowla Mines, Connemara, Co Galway
“Derek is outstanding in what he does. He is always so highly commended”!
Raven Joy & Mati Joe, Alaska, USA
“If you’re ever thinking of going to Ireland – But really don’t want to do that big group giant tour bus scene……..You simply cannot go wrong with Derek and the phenomenal group of people he works with that will show you the true Ireland”!
Catherine & Evan Pestalozzi, Washington, USA
“Wonderful tours and amazing B & B. Fantastic hospitality!
Tom Sullivan & Family, New York State, USA
Lisa Taylor & Mike Saraceno, Texas, USA
“I can’t begin to put in words what this trip meant to us, searching for the perfect place, great hosts, personalized shuttle service. It was the best place we could have chosen for those and many more reasons.
We would highly recommend it. It was a good “home base” for us so we could explore multiple regions”!
Mary, John & Patrick Rivard, Boston, USA
Thank you so much for a wonderful return trip from Dublin to Dingle. The Slea Head Drive and the Conor Pass were amazing.!